"Rabid dogs have taken over the world and are biting everyone insight!The human race is in danger this is the scariest thing everrrr!!!"



"... B**** please, I've played Amnesia!"

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Internet friends, an easier relationship to harm than a real one?

Today I'll be talking about internet friends, frenimies, and cyberbullying.

I myself have a lot of friends on the internet that I am proud to know, I also admit that I have some whom I wish I was never involved with.
In my opinion, there is a thin line between being frenimies and cyberbulling :(. Those of you who have expirienced having a bad 'friend' on the web, may know what I'm talking about when I say this; when you have a fight with someone, and you LIE to get people on your side to emotionally hurt the person in question, that is cyber bullying. Which is illegal.

But not everything about having friends online is bad! Sure, you have to be careful about your personal information when you guys first meet, but after a few months and you have that feeling in your gut that they are trust worthy, you'll have lots of fun together ^^.
• No, this does not mean you can share your address or meet in real life unless you're completely comfortable O.e;;;

What I mean is that maybe knowing eachother's first names is exciting and is another way to make the bond tighter :).

Well, I think the reason why I'm making this blog post is because of something going on in my circle of Sims friends at the moment. I just feel so lost in it, and a lot of people's feelings are hurt/getting hurt, and others from the community have gotten involved which made it worse.
A lot of blame is going around, and accusations, it's just a mess and I can't wait for it to be over! I just know that I need to face the facts and not fear the consiquences that may come with being involved with a group of people, they're my friends and I wouldn't leave them for the world :).

What are your guys' opinions on internet friends? Any tips on how to survive the bullies?

ANYONE NOT INVOLVED IN THE SIMS COMMUNITY SHOULD SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM
Guys, I doubt this will help ANY but what's the worst that could happen? The CloudTen members have been blogged and poked at countless times already, the people involved KNOW they've meessed up, they KNOW. So cut it out!
About whether or not action will be taken for the Yazzie thing, that is everyone's own personal choice. Myself, I've emailed Yazzie already apologizing for being a bad friend. So does this drama need to go on further with those who weren't involved in the first place?
Just stop it. No one likes drama, it makes everyone sad and blog/website posts bashing members won't solve the problem. it's called compromise, look it up.

/END RANTY THING

So, what are your guys' opinions of internet friends? For those of who've expirienced 'frienimies' you're not alone :) any advice for the others?


Promise that next blog post will be a bit more happy :) Thanks for reading!

7 comments:

  1. Told ya I'd follow! (from TS3 Forums!)

    But yeah man, I know what you mean about "frenimies" all too well!

    Nice read though, one quick question though, how do yo put all the cool lil features like comment boxes, and reactions on there. Mines boring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have had plenty of great friends that i met online and one of them (kelle) is still very close to me as you know i have also met a lot of nut jobs on the web so if you ever need me to put the fear of god into you about the internet..... :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Danzo! You go to the 'Design' link next to the 'New Post' and click on the 'edit' in the square that says 'Blog Posts'. Then you design and change the reactions next to the Reactions label. You can design them yourself!
    And how to get a Shout Box is that you click on the link about your username in there that says 'Get a CBox' and follow the steps from there :). Have fun customizing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yes Darian :) I already knew I could count on you~ <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. allz i hasta say is i luff yew <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Miracle! like the blog! You have more followers than me already! :) I am boring. I am sorry you were caught in the middle,I have been there, a hard place to be. I am hoping this blows over soon myself. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Sun! Thanks a lot for commenting :D. You most definatly are not boring hun :P. *hugs* it's seems to have been quiet today, good thing I hope :).

    ReplyDelete